Swabian spelt bread
Recipe for one approx. 1.6lbs (750 g) bread
- 1.1 lbs (500 g) Swabian spelt bread
- 0.011 lbs/2 teaspoons (5 g) ‘Backtag’ dry yeast
- 0.72 lbs (330 g) water (35°C/95F)
This is how it's done:
- Mix dry yeast with flour, add water and knead everything to form a smooth dough.
- Let the dough sit for 45 minutes.
- Knead again and form a loaf of bread.
- Place the loaf in a, with flour coated, proofing basket. Cover it with a kitchen towel and let it rise for approx. 40 minutes, then flip it over and place it on a baking sheet.
- Cut it diagonally and put it in the 225°C/437F preheated oven.
- Bake it with top- and bottom heat: 10 minutes at 225°C/437F plus 45 minutes at 180°C/356F.