Full in Grain – ‘Voll im Korn’
Recipe for one approx. 3.3 lbs (1500 g) bread
- 2.2 lbs (1000 g) Full in Grain
- 0.011lbs/2 teaspoons (5 g) ‚Backtag‘ dry yeast
- 1.63 lbs (740 g) water (104F/40°C)
- 1 baking pan, approx 12x4x3 inch or 30x11x8cm
This is how it's done:
- Mix dry yeast with the flour.
- Add water and knead slowly to a very soft dough, for approx. 12 – 15 minutes.
- Let the dough sit for about 30 minutes.
- After that, knead the dough for a short amount of time and handle it like a batter.
- Fill it in a 12x4x3 inch or 30x11x8 cm baking pan.
- Sprinkle flour on the top surface.
- Let it rise in the baking pan and put it in the 445F (230°C) top-and bottom preheated oven.
- Bake 25 minutes at 445F (230°C) plus 55 minutes at 356F (180°C).
- If you don’t want to have too many grains in the bread: Swap 0.22 to 0.66lbs (100 to 300g) ‘Full in Grain/Voll im Korn’ with another mix such as “Pane di Como”, “Black Forest” (Schwarzwälder) or Toastbread (Toastbrot) baking mix.