Recipe for two each approx. 1.6lbs (750 g) breads
- 2.2 lbs (1000 g) Swabian ‘Genetztes’
- 0.015lbs/1 tablespoon (7 g) ‚Backtag‘ dry yeast
- 1.32 lbs (600 g) water (35°C/95F)
- plus 0.22lbs (100 g) water
This is how it's done:
- Mix dry yeast with flour and add the water (600 g).
- Mix up the dough, add the leftover water and knead everything to form a smooth dough. Dough temperature: approx. 79F (26°C). Sitting time: 60 minutes.
- Brush the dough in the kneading kettle with water and use a wet spatula to loosen the dough from the kettle wall.
- With wet hands take out half of the dough, form a round loaf of bread and place it on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Work the same with the second bread.
- After approx. 15 - 30 minutes rising time, spray a good amount of water over the bread and put it in the 430F-450F (220-230°C) top-and bottom preheated oven.
- After 8 minutes baking time, lower the temperature to 375-390F (190200°C) and bake it for another 50 minutes.