Recipe for one approx. 1.6lbs (750 g) bread
- 1.1 lbs (500 g) Potato bread
- 0.007 lbs/1 ¼ teaspoon (3,5 g) ‘Backtag’ dry yeast
- 0.82 lbs (370 g) water (35°C/95F)
This is how it's done:
- Mix dry yeast with flour, add water and knead everything to form a smooth dough.
- Let the dough sit for 30 minutes.
- Knead again and form a round loaf of bread.
- Place the loaf with the smooth surface down in a round proofing basket.
- After 35 to 40 minutes flip the dough over and place it on a baking sheet, cut in crosswise and place it in the 210°C/410F top- and bottom heat preheated oven.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 210°C/410F plus 50 minutes at approx. 190°C/375F.